Business Driven Development (BDD) Demo Now Available!
August 20, 2012 Leave a comment
DSS is pleased to announce the availability of the demo “Business Driven Development“. This innovative demonstration uses a case-study approach to show business users how they can easily streamline their Business Processes – delivering greater efficiency, agility, visibility and collaboration with Oracle BPM and WebCenter.
The BDD demonstration uses a case study-based approach to highlight a business problem at a fictional company, Avitek Corporation, and uses Oracle BPM and Oracle WebCenter to solve the business problem. This holistic approach has specifically been used to appeal to a non-technical business analyst user. This demo is NOT focused on product features, but aims to guide users through a complete BPM lifecycle.
The scenario is based on improving a simple order process (scenario details are in the demo script). Avitek Corporation is sufferinng from a manual email-driven ordering process. Sales reps don’t know where the customer orders are stuck (no visibility) and finance users are unable to manually approve every order (no automation). There are several areas where this process can be improved with Business Process Management technology. This demo shows how improving following areas will ignificantly help resolve the business problems Avitek Corporation is facing. Areas for improvement include:
- Utilizing BPM for process management, rather than an unregulated, email-based process.
- Utilizing automated services, rather than requiring a human to key into a system. For example, Finance checking the customer’s credit rating is something that could be automated.
- Centralizing business rules that can be integrated into a business process, rather than requiring a human to process them. For example, Finance must determine when orders can be automatically approved.
- Provide insight and visibility into the process. For example, Sales Rep needs to know the status of their customer’s orders.
The BDD Demo uses the following products.
- Oracle BPM Suite 11g PS4FP
- Oracle WebCenter 11g PS4FP (for Process Spaces)
- Oracle Business Activity Monitoring 11g
- Oracle Database 11g
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.